Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Too much?

Oh dear.

I'm afraid I've overdone it on the ruffles.


As I said in my last post, I let the fabric decide the width of the skirt, and eyeballed a couple of pattern envelopes on line. I could have asked any one of the very friendly blogging sewists out there, but the laziness won out.

So heres a close up of the ruffling;
I measured the skirt width (yes, after ruffling and attaching) and it's close to four metres. On pattern review I found a comment stating that 3:1 ruffle is adequate. And Peter at male pattern boldness is making a skirt which has a width of just over 2 metres.

So now it seems, instead of finishing the dress today I'm going to be pulling it apart, measuring, ruffling and reattaching the skirt. -Sigh-
Can someone tell me I should keep the width?
Better now than laterI guess.

Here's the dress as a puddle. Isn't it pretty?

2 comments:

  1. L O V E this fabric!! it's perfect for this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsea, I thought so too, the moment I saw it in a remnant bin. It had me at E2.50.

    ReplyDelete